Friday, February 13, 2009

Looking Forward to Lunch with My sister

On Fridays my sister gets off work at 12:00, and we have planned to have lunch. Now that she lives about 35-40 minutes away we don't see much of eachother anymore. She's also moved in with her boyfriend, and that keeps her pretty busy too, not to mention my mom lives 20 minutes away from her and they are pretty close. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing her today because we usually have a lot of fun together. Hopefully, she will agree to go to the Olympia Cafe so I can have the Gyros I have been craving for days, but if not that's alright by me to.
Melanie and I are 2 years apart in age. When we were younger we didn't get along so well. We had to share a room and since we were so close in age we could share clothes and even had the same friends. It was really tough because being the oldest, I didn't want to have to share things like friends with her. I wanted to break away and have my own life.
Now, it's totally different. I love that we know all of the same people and we have so many things in common. It's really just comforting. I feel bad that all my other brothers and sisters are so much younger, and I don't feel that tight bond with them that I do with Melanie. It's more of a motherly bond since I was old enough to be their mothers when they were all born. I feel protective and nurturing with them. For crying out loud, I changed their diapers, and held them when they cried.
So, needless to say, I plan on having a good laugh with my sister today. I need it with all the stress of looking for a job, and the lack of response form our SW.

No comments: