Monday, February 16, 2009

Babies and Siblings






My sister-in-law and her boyfriend, the dad to all 3 of SIL's kids don't like photos of their kids on the internet, so I am posting one where you don't really see the baby. But, let me assure you he's perfect in every way. He's the spitting image of his 3 year old brother Naz. I wonder where that saying comes from "spitting image". Anyway, he weighted 8lbs 15oz, and was 21 inches long. He's got black hair and brown eyes, and the cutes little fingers and toes. Oh, I can show you those too, no faces in those pics.



The larger hand in the photo above is my niece, his big sister.

Well, once we got to the hospital SIL decided that she would like us to take the kids overnight and bring them home on Sunday when they got home with the baby. They looked just beat and drained and I knew that they needed to get some good rest, mom and dad and kids included. So, Jerry and I took Naz and Tekaija to get some lunch then back to our house to relax for the night. They both fell asleep on the way home, but neither took a nap when we got there, although I could tell that they needed it.

Naz aged 3 seemed more interested in playing with us and having a good time while he was with us, but Tekaija aged 9 was really sad to have to leave the baby and couldn't wait to get back home. I know how she feels. I felt the same way when my brother Jay and sister Kirstie were born.

Anyway, it was a bonus for us that we got to spend some time with Naz and TK this weekend as well as meeting baby Izryel. Notice they have added an "e" to the official spelling of his name. They decided that 2 minutes before filling out the birth certificate.

No comments: