Friday, October 24, 2008

On the Bottle


On the Bottle, originally uploaded by gemjlo.

Little Stinker. Last night after I got home from work my little Tullah was sick. She couldn't hold any food down, nor water. I was in a panic because our last dog Treena had a habit of eating things and getting them stuck in her intestines, and she was showing all the same signs of this.
So, I decided that I would try giving her little sips of water to see if she could keep just little bits down. I did this every 30 minutes until bed time. Then I gave her a handful of food, but she would only take a bite. I figured that was alright, as long as she was still drinking her water.
It seemed to do the trick, she kept it down all night. Then this morning when my husband let her out, she struggled to poo, but after 5-10minutes was able to finally work the blockage out. The little stinker ate one of her rope toys. Ugh, what am I going to do with her?
If I hadn't have known the symptoms, I would have freeked out and taken her to the vet, and it would have cost me hundreds of dollars.
Safe to say, NO MORE rope toys for Tullah.
She's just like a little kid. I have to watch her like a hawk.

No comments: