Thursday, October 9, 2008

Miss Prissy


Miss Prissy, originally uploaded by gemjlo.

This is a drawing of the sweet little kitty that lives in the abandoned store behing my sister-in-laws house. She's taken care of by the her landlord, but for the most part lives outside and seems happy to do so. We have been going down to Missour to visit my sister-in-law every year for maybe 4-5 years now and everytime we pull up in front of thier house we are greeted by little miss Prissy. There have been a few times I have thought that I would love to sneek her into my bag and take her home with me. Over the summer when we were down visiting my inlaws I noticed that she's getting very thin. My sister-in-law said that she's been taken to the vet, and she's alright, but I wonder if she will be around when we go down next year. I hope so, because I have grown attached to her. Whenever I am down there I make it a point to sit in the grass and pet her as much as I can. We have a connextion the two of us. We are like kindred spirits or something.

On a lighter note...Today's the day we have our appointment with the Social Worker. So, we get to answer all the remaining questions that she might have. Then, we leave it up to her again. Ugh. That's the hardest part of this, there's not a lot of contol over the situation really. It's always in someone else's hands.

My husband last night decided to buy a plasma TV. It's ment to go over the fireplace in the house we are building in the spring. His company gave the employees a very good deal then we could pass up. It's a 42" tv. We put it into our den for now, but we aren't down there much because we just finished the painting, and now we need t get carpet, but once that's done, I think we will certianly be using it more.

No comments: