Thursday, May 1, 2008

She's Back, and We are Scheduled

Yay! Just talked to our Social Worker and we are scheduled for our last Homestudy visit next Friday morning! That's fabulous. I am very excited and am glad to now have the date to look forward to. If all goes well we will be looking at starting to be matched this summer. That would be great. In the ideal world I would love to have kiddies by fall so that we can do all the fun Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas stuff with them.

Last Thursday night I had dinner with my Auntie B and she mentioned that she read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and had practiced it in her life with good results. On Monday when I was at the store, I bought the book. I began to read it and so far it says that the universe is governed by the Law of Attraction. Whatever you think about will come to you. That means that if you think happiness and love, the universe will provide you with more happiness and love. It also means that if you worry about not having happiness and love that you will not receive happiness and love.
Now, I have always been a person to think positively when encountering a situation that is described to me by others from their lives, but I have a harder time thinking positively when it comes to my own life. If the book holds true, I will have to stop all the negative self talk and start expecting that good things will happen to me, and believing that they will.
It’s funny because I have heard the same things said by so many people in different ways like the pastor on Sunday, therapists, poets, philosophers, and many others. We’ve all heard the saying, "If you believe, you can achieve." It's supposed to work with everything. I am going to put this to practice creating our family.

No comments: