Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rough Night last night for LG

After school last night LG road around the neighborhood on her bike with her friends. She had a blast, then asked if she could go to a fashion show with one of them. At the senior high they had a prom fashion show and her friend's sister had something to do with it. Anyway, all went well except she came home pretty late. This would have been fine except for the major attitude little miss had upon entering the house. I asked her questions about the show and what she had seen, I got no replys to anything. She even walked away from me. Ok. I decided to ignore it and ask her to get ready for bed knowing that she would eventually tell me what was bothering her. She said that she was hungry and wanted something to eat. I felt manipulated at that point, so I told her that it was to late and that she should get ready for bed. She burst into tears. I have never seen her cry loudly before. I have seen the frustrated quiet tears, but nothing like how she was crying then. OMG. She fled to her room, but still wouldn't talk. I turned off her light and said goodnight. I was going to do some laundry, but as soon as I turned my back she started to cry louder. She wanted my attention. I walked back into her room, and told her that I couldn't help her if she wouldn't use her words so that I could understand what was going on. Finally, she said, she didn't want to come home because she was having to much fun with her friend. I praised her and hugged her for telling me what was bothering her. Her crying slowed down enough to eat a bowl of cereal, and by the time she was done, all was back to normal. All of that because of a little disappointment. We certainly have work to do... At least we are making progress.

No comments: