Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is only a few days away!

Christmas is getting closer. Today at work we had a holiday lunch with our whole department at Jimmy’s, a restaurant that’s close to the office. I had the best French Dip sandwich with aus jux and shoestring French fries. We also got a chance to reveal who our Secret Santa’s were. Mine was a lovely girl named Heather, who was very generous with all my presents.

Tonight I will have to get my house cleaned because in the morning my niece and nephew will be visiting for an overnight. On Sunday Jerry has people over for our fantasy football championship, hence the reason the house needs to be clean. Also on Sunday my niece and I as well as my two sisters will be hitting the theatre. We are going to the Nutcracker at the State Theatre downtown. I am very excited. I hope that Tekaija, my niece will enjoy herself. She loves dancing, so I think she will.

Last night I was able to get Jerry’s gifts wrapped before he got home from work, I just have one gift left to get in the mail. Its expected delivery date is on Monday. It is being shipped from Canada, and for that reason is taking longer then normal. It’s a good thing that I didn’t wait any longer to order it, or it never would have made it here. As it is, I am crossing my fingers and saying prayers day and night that it makes it to my house in time for Christmas Eve night.

Adoption Update: I sent a follow up e-mail to our Social Worker yesterday, I haven't heard from her yet. I expect that she won't get back to me until after Christmas.

No comments: