Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthday Party etc.

LG has been invited to a birthday party for a girl in her girl scout troop/class.  She will be picked up from school and I won't see her until 8:00pm.  I haven't had time to myself after school in such a long time.  I am looking forward to it.  I know that she is looking forward to it as well.

I am glad that she's able to have these normal "kid" experiences.  I wish we could find a hobby for her.  She does like to ride her bike, but that's it.  She doesn't like to read, or color, or even play Wii anymore.  It's weird.

Last night when we went to the store to buy a gift for her friend we stopped in the card section for a birthday card, and I also picked out a Mother's Day Card for my mom.  I asked LG if she would like to pick out some cards for her grandma's for mother's day and she was so excited.  She hand picked one for each of them.  We then went home and signed them, and addressed the two that she will not see Sunday.  I am glad to have the opportunity to let her express herself to her new family.

No comments: