Friday, June 19, 2009

Camping in my backyard

This weekend we are planning to have our niece and nephew over to have a camping trip in our backyard. We have leftover marshmellows and graham crackers from last weeks trip to Chicago to use up and I don't think the little ones have ever been camping. So, we are going to setup the tents and sleeping bags, make a fire in the firepit and have us a campout.
I think it will be fun for them and it will give us another opportunity to setup the tent and give it some air. I think we have only used it 4 times since we bought it 4 years ago. The funny thing is I do enjoy camping, we just don't get an opportunity to do much of it.

An update to the adoption journey: we have not heard a peep from anyone yet. This might be harder then waiting to get all the paperwork approved. ugh. Why didn't ya'll warn me. After reading most of he other blogs it seems that this part went faster for other folks. Of course it would be different for us; Everything usually is.

Now I am off to pull out chicken for dinner. Tonight we are having Chicken and Black Bean Salsa over Rice. It's one of my favorites and it's so easy to make. I made it up one night after reading some crockpot recipe for quasadillas. I know, weird huh? Crockpot quasadillas...? Who would have thought of that.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

have a fun camp out with the kiddos =)

Anonymous said...

Waiting is the WORST. Be a total in their arse. Call and email and call. Seriously.