Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Finally, Done with Home Study Tomorrow

Yay! Tommorrow morning we will be meeting with Dawn for our last Homestudy visit! I think it will go well, but it's the meeting that we figure out exactly what kinds of children we think we can adopt. We must decide if we can are willing to accept kids with certian types of diabilities. It means that Jerry and I will need to compromise with eachother, and determine what things are most important. This is the process that I like the least, because it feels alot like shopping for kids to me. When you give birth to children, you get what you get, but in this process we decided what we want and what we don't. Although, there are certianly disabilities that I wouldn't know the first thing about caring for someone with them, if I had given birth to these kids, I wouldn't have a choice, right? It just feels a little bit strange.
Don't get me wrong, I am excited, and I guess it only makes sense that the SWs want to place kids with parents that can nurture and physically take care of. They are trying to make the best matches possible. I do appreciate that.

No comments: