Sunday, August 17, 2008

Championship Trophy


IMG_0194 copy, originally uploaded by gemjlo.

Today was our fantasy football draft. We now have a trophy and every past winner got thier photo taken with the cup. Although, I haven't won in 4 years. I am proud to say that I have in fact won over 10 boys. There are 2 girls in the league, me and another. Although we are outnumbered, we hold our own.
If we are blessed with a girl, when we adopt, I want to teach her that she can do anything that she puts her mind to. I want her to know that it's alright to be yourself, and not to be intimidated by boys. They are after all just people too. Besides, it's really fun to show them up, especially when they aren't expecting it out of you.
And, if we are blessed with a boy, I want to teach him never to underestimate what a girl can do. He will need to know that it's totally acceptable in todays world to expect girls to be able to do whatever boys can do.

No comments: