Friday, October 2, 2009

Loaves

Yesterday I made 6 loaves of bread. Three of them were pumpkin (my favorite) and 3 were zuccini bread from the 3 ton zuccini that my mother in law gave us a week ago. I have been cutting off hunks to make for dinner and now for the bread and there's still a 3rd more left. I don't know what I am going to do with it. Hopefully, by the time I get home next Wednesday from up north Jerry will have eatten the rest of it and I won't have to worry about it.

We also brewed a new batch of fall beer last night. We have an annual Halloween party at our house each year and we wanted a few varieties for our guests to enjoy. So, this year they will have a choice between a pumpkin ale and an apple ale, and of course the normal Michelob Lite from the keg. Boy, it sounds like we are lushes, but really we have so much because we are expecting about 100ish people. Last year we topped out at 69, but we invited a few more this year, so it's gonna be a full house, literally.

This morning I got up really early. I couldn't sleep with anticipation of my adventure this weekend. In a few short hours I will off on my 3 hour drive. This will be the first time I have driven up north alone. It should be alright though. At least I don't have to fight over the radio with the hubs.

No comments: