Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Me and that's Just Fine



Well, I have been going through a mini crisis the past few days. I can't stand being at home anymore and I feel less then productive. Why doesn't anyone want to hire me. I have a great resume and a good personality if I do say so myself, but still I haven't had any good employment prospects for months. Maybe it's because I have been unemployed for 10 months and I am getting out of "practice". I am willing to take a paycut and everything, but still nothing. I know that this is not a reflection on myself and that the job marked just sucks right now, but it's getting more difficult to accept that as the reason. Again and again I have to reason with myself that it's not a personal refection on me.

In other news, we have another flyer meeting scheduled with our social worker on the 15th to go over all the flyers of the waiting kids in the system. I am excited for this meeting, but I don't expect anything to come of it, since we came out of the last one with high hopes and nothing to show for it at this point.


This weekend I will be heading up north to spend about 6 days with my younger brothers. My dad and stepmom are going to a lodge up north for their 20th Anniversary. It seems like not so long ago that they were married . Can you believe that I actually loved that polka-dot dress. My stepmom Kathy sewed if for me as well as my sisters pink one. Flashback to the eighties... I know that you are jealous of those bangs too. I had that down pat that I didn't even need a mirror to make them do that. Just a little hairspray and a blowdryer. I hope that fashion never comes back into style.

No comments: